Apple Watch 2 for Golf

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tboz, Jan 12, 2017.

1. tboz macrumors newbie

When I heard that the Apple Watch 2 had built in GPS, I went out and got one as I play a lot of golf and having all this wrapped into a great watch was exactly what I wanted!!!

Fast forward to today since the launch and it seems that many of the apps that use GPS on my phone are not coming over to the watch (especially golf!!!!!). I can live with the exercise functions that the watch comes with, but I'm disappointed at the lack of apps that will utilize the GPS on the watch. Am I missing something?

2. SnacksMcGee macrumors newbie

SnacksMcGee

I know that the golf app that I use, you have to pay to use the GPS functionality on the watch. Otherwise, it will only mirror the phone's GPS data.

3. tboz thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Jan 13, 2017 ---
    What app would that be and how do you like it?

4. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

I use GolfShot on my phone/watch - but it's with my phone as a primary scorecard when I have finished the holes and I use the watch through the hole when getting close to my ball to get a quick distance figure. Works pretty good - haven't been playing for a long time (snowing here in Denmark at the moment) so might have been updated to be even better.

5. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502

OriginalAppleGuy

I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but "Hole 19" is supposed to be a good app. I'm looking forward to the next round!

6. Prendmi macrumors newbie

I use the Fun Golf app on my AW2. The app is set to work on the AW2 by going to the Watch app on the iPhone and selecting the Fun Golf there to install it on the AW 2. Features on the AW2 are selected from the Fun Golf app on the iPhone.