Apple Watch 2... How much?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gentsuperman, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Gentsuperman macrumors newbie

Gentsuperman

So how much does everyone think the new watch will be? Same/more/less?

2. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Same. Just like Apple's other hardware updates.

3. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68020

Same. Back to the prices that will have people whining that it costs too much. :) even if they add more water resistant and GPS they will come.

I remember all the complaints about the iPhone have 1gig of RAM. The minute they mentioned going to 2gig, the same complaints now said it should really have 4gig. :)

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Prices will reflect Gen One Watches, with the first Gen Watch being discounted.

5. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Or flat-out discontinued, like they do with iPods, iPads (mostly), laptops, and desktops.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Doubtful. Macrumors posted an article, which was quoted by Ming Kuo two weeks ago, there could be three versions of the Apple Watch, when and if the Gen 2 debuts this September. Sounds convoluted, listed below is what Kuo was predicting. Rather it be true, seems confusing to the consumer.

1) Apple Watch Gen 1 discounted in price.

2) Apple Watch Gen 1 with updated processor.

3) Apple Watch Gen 2 with updated Processor, GPS, battery, ect....

7. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

8. Leo90 macrumors 6502

I bet on the following:

1) 1st gen AW at discounted price
    2) 2nd gen AW at the same price current AW Sport for the general consumer
    3) Same 2nd gen AW with added GPS dedicated for Sports enthusiasts for a higher price than regular 2nd gen AW (the same way you have nowadays iPads with WiFi only and other with WiFi/LTE

9. bounou macrumors 6502

bounou

I was thinking going with the black SS with black sports band, as long as the watch with AppleCare+ and taxes are under 1k I'll be getting it.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Seems irrelevant and useless to assist the OP in making a legitimate decision with an Apple Watch purchase with a link to a gimmicked 'Eightball' site.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

As if anybody else's wild guess is any more useful.

12. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I'm sorry, I must of missed the part where The OP is seeking advice from FORUM Members, not a third party hack website.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The point is forum members' guesses are as good as a third party hack website's.

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Right. I think we all know that. But also to the point, if the OP wanted advice or logic from an eight ball website, then why would he invest in a post seeking a possible prediction on Macrumors from those who may provide him with insight based Off Apple's past trajectories?

15. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Was the OP born yesterday?

16. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Why don't you ask your magic eight ball website you suggested. I'm confident you will find your answer their. Seems fitting for you.

17. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

No kidding, this was my only try: (sorry, OP!). ;-)

[​IMG]

18. Gentsuperman thread starter macrumors newbie

Gentsuperman

Last time I checked wasn't born yesterday. I asked everyone's thoughts that is all not them to predict or have insider info. I have the first gen AW and from all I've read in news I just thought I'd throw my original question out their because this is a forum.

19. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Look, here's the problem with the question, and it doesn't matter who asked it --

For decades, Apple's pricing of upgraded hardware has followed just one pattern: "about the same as the old hardware".

Price increases have happened, but only when hardware changes were significant enough -- like when the iPad Pro or iPhone 6 Plus were introduced. Outgoing hardware* has simply disappeared from the lineup, helped greatly by Tim Cook's expert control of the supply chain (you have to go back to the early 1990's to hear about aging stocks of unsold Apple desktops gathering dust).

If people have been watching Apple since, oh, 2014, they would see the same thing. New stuff gets announced, it's faster and better, and costs just as much as the old stuff; and the old stuff may, at best, appear in the "refurbished" section.

*The iPhone, and some iPads, are a rare exception. But, again, all the other products—don't forget that Apple makes computers and MP3 players, too—the old ones simply disappear.

20. Gentsuperman thread starter macrumors newbie

Gentsuperman