Apple Watch 2 Music

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by The Big Guy, Sep 22, 2016.

1. The Big Guy macrumors member

I have a problem with music in my watch. After I sync a playlist from my iPhone to my watch, most of the music in my watch is greyed out. Anyone have any idea of how to fix this? There is nothing like this on the internet for the watch. The music in my phone is not greyed out so I'm not sure why it's greyed out in the watch.

2. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Are you sure the songs have actually synced to the watch? Could be that just the playlist info synced. As far as I know, the playlist has to be downloaded on the phone and then the watch needs an hour or so to sync the playlist so maybe check again and give it enough time?

3. Newfiebill macrumors regular

Newfiebill

Check here for a good vid!

4. The Big Guy thread starter macrumors member

I tried deleting all my playlists. Added a new playlist. When it starts syncing it literally finishes like in 10 seconds which is impossible. The songs are still greyed out. Don't know what else to do. I let it sync all night for only 15 songs.

5. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

That's really strange. Can't help you. Just want to share my experience that my playlist with 17 songs finish synced within 20 minutes.
    Something must be really wrong with yours.

6. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Yeah man, I'm sorry to say I can't help either. The only thing I could suggest is unpairing and repairing the watch, and making sure the playlist is downloaded to your iPhone before you try syncing it to the watch again.

7. Gibbage macrumors newbie

I've noticed with my original Apple Watch with OS3 that if I sync an Apple Music playlist to the watch it will only sync the songs that have been downloaded to my phone first. Is your playlist downloaded to your phone?

8. The Big Guy thread starter macrumors member

Hey guys so I finally figured it out. In order for your playlist on your watch to not be greyed out you first need to play every song (not the whole duration) that is in the playlist on your iPhone. For some reason you have had to already played the song on your iPhone first. Not sure if that is by design or if it is a bug. Don't know how to report that to Apple.

9. iOnAsJ, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016

iOnAsJ macrumors member

iOnAsJ

I'll try this as well, because I've experienced the same issue so far.
    I synced a whole playlist, but half of the songs are still in grey. Will try this as well. Perhaps we can report it to Apple Support afterwards?

Edit: this actually works, at last. So, after you've downloaded the entire playlist on your iPhone, you need to play all of these songs on your iPhone, before they can be synced entirely with the Watch.
    Complex process.

10. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

In my experience I didn't have to play the songs but I had to make sure they were actually downloaded. The cloud arrow symbol was showing, meaning the playlist didn't fully download even though it said it did. I got around this by tapping the "..." and tapping download playlist. I'm pretty sure it's a bug so I plan to report it when I get a chance.

11. The Big Guy thread starter macrumors member

My playlist was completely downloaded. I'm pretty sure it is a bug. I noticed it when I played one of my songs in the playlist that was previously greyed out in the watch. The next day that same song finally was synced with the watch so I figured that was the issue.