Apple Watch 2 turns off by itself!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Luisito00, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Luisito00 macrumors newbie

My Apple Watch series 2 turns off by itself, even while fully charged.
    I am just seating watching tv and suddenly i realize the watch is off.
    Display is blank. I need to fully reboot the watch and the watch starts working again.
    Apple has offered to replace the watch as i own it only about two weeks ago.

But i wonder: is this a common issue that i can expect to happen again!?
    :-(

2. Birddog1 macrumors member

Birddog1

My watch did it once. I've had it for about a month now but it has only happened the one time.

3. Relentless Power, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

It's been frequently occurring with other forum members as well. It mainly plagues Series 2 only. I'm not sure if there is a definitive reason why, but it's not acceptable and annoying.

Its rumored the GPS is contributing to the random shut downs. When Apple launched OS 3.1.1, the update was bricking Series 2 Watches allegedly due to the GPS causing some interference. There is no sufficient evidence behind that, but it's speculated.

4. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

I've had this happen 3 or 4 times since launch.

5. NedFlanders macrumors member

NedFlanders

I just had my Series 1 (v4.0) do this. I took it off to have a shower then change my mind and decided to do a few things first so I picked up the watch and found it was blank and unresponsive. I tried pressing both buttons (including the longer press to turn it on), but it was a no go. I had to reboot it to get it working again?

Edit: the battery was at 96%

6. angelofioren macrumors member

angelofioren

This happened to me yesterday on my brand new Series 3. It happened a few times on my original Apple Watch, although not recently. It seems to be something that happens from time to time, and you're not the only one. It's an annoying bug for sure and it seems to be present in one way or another in every version of the OS.