Apple Watch 2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by martymar112, Jul 13, 2016.

1. martymar112 macrumors member

is there going to be an Apple Watch two this year? A new model? Or just software? Thanks

2. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

3. BrodieApple macrumors 6502

BrodieApple

How do you know..?

It could go either way but I'd say there most likely will be. But I'm not going to say it like it's a fact.

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

It would be weird if Apple suddenly switched to an 18 month cycle for a product. My bet is for March 2017, so it doesn't steal the iPhones spotlight in the fall. Apple doesn't really release new products close to the winter months anymore, and late summer will be the Macs spotlight.

5. BrodieApple macrumors 6502

BrodieApple

It will likely be announced in September though

6. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I like how you call out other peoples guesses, but assume your own guess is correct.

7. BrodieApple macrumors 6502

BrodieApple

I said it's likely maybe you should read it better.

8. Simche macrumors member

Simche

Speculation mode:

Well, if you take a closer look at the slogan-text on watchOS 3, saying "Feels like a whole new watch" (see link down below) it might be unlikely that they'll release a new watch this year. Maybe a new collection in tandem with watchOS 3 public release this fall but not more.

http://www.apple.com/watchos-preview/

watchOS 3 seems to bring a whole new life to the current watch, making it surprisingly snap and per-se is proven if you take a look at many reviews on Youtube (very positive review wince beta 1 of watchOS3)

9. dschulian macrumors regular

dschulian

This makes perfect sense to me and is probably the best indicator for no new watch this year.

10. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Do you really think that changes it? o_O

11. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

new watch this fall. rumors have always been pointing towards it.

12. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

13. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

Why is that likely? They've just removed one of the biggest reasons people were looking forward to a next generation Apple Watch.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 14, 2016 ---
    Before that, they pointed to June. And before that, they pointed to March. ;)

14. Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

One can only dream that apple might finally care about their Macs again... My guess is that a AW update is more likely than a Mac update.

15. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

VOTE HERE

for when you think Watch 2 is going to be released.

16. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

and they've pointed to fall 2016 for longer than anything else and its holding.

17. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

We've had part leaks indicating an iPhone 7 release this year. So far there have been no leaks regarding new hardware on a watch. This should pretty much tell you the watch isn't getting an upgrade this year.

18. MrJM macrumors 6502

MrJM

Its weird but in the past 2 or 3 months my parents, siblings, wife and friends have all suddenly decided to buy an Apple Watch. Before this I literally didn't know anyone with one! It can't be coincidence and Im sure I can't be the only one in this situation. Maybe the advertising is working? Maybe its starting to make ground? Perhaps for this reason there won't be new hardware until next year? Who knows!

19. satchmo macrumors 68000

Problem is that while software will greatly improve user experience, it can never solve make up for missing hardware. Hardware that is GPS. Only then, will it truly be a whole new watch.

20. rockyromero macrumors 6502

rockyromero

I bought my wife an AW that she is now thrilled about, where before she was ambivalent about it.

21. martymar112 thread starter macrumors member

I want one bad. But don't want to buy one now and then one comes out in a couple months

22. srshaw macrumors 6502

I suppose with iPhones you can guarantee when the new model is due. Most other Apple products have a less predictable update schedule, especially the Apple Watch.

I don't think I would buy one now though. I've had mine more than a year now so I would think a new one can't be that far away.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 17, 2016 ---
    To be honest I prefer the older macs that were easy to upgrade. I don't fancy buying a new macbookpro and not being able to upgrade it, and being stuck with a small hard 'disk'.

I suppose it's a tribute to the design of macs that I am more than happy with m 2011 mbp.

23. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

ummmm yes, it definitely changes it.

pretty key in the english language. IS and LIKELY are 2 VERY different words.

24. TallGuyGT macrumors regular

TallGuyGT

Wouldn't mind them releasing a 46mm Apple Watch this fall. I'm a big guy and the 42mm looks small on my wrist. Plus big watches are a thing now, and even a 46mm would be smaller than many of them. They could even call it the Apple Watch Pro!

25. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Please stop the arguing, a number of posts were removed