Apple Watch 3 availabily in stock

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by wesselya, Sep 24, 2017.

1. wesselya macrumors member

Weird no one posted this yet but:

1). I walked into a Apple Store yesterday and they had some availability. I wanted a SS black and they did have an aluminum black. I was on the verge of buying one as it's hard running after I sold my AW2.

2) Apple website is now letting you check availability?!

Still on the fence if I do get aluminum because of the resale value. Should I wait till October 5th?! Also I think I want to wait to buy from an online vender and save on tax. I do also think the holidays will bring small discounts on AW3.

As a runner I did try in the SS and it is heavier and noticeable on your wrist. But I'm sure after I get a case with the aluminum it would be a wash.

Still don't know which one to get and yes the added $10 a month fee is a bummer.

Just wanted to update everyone on the pickup option.

2. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

What would be the resale value on the aluminium after a year??

3. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

How is it weird that the apple store had stock? It happens every year which is why despite pre ordering online people still show up to the store to purchase them. I have local best buys with several sport models in stock non LTE very few with w/LTE and/or s/s

4. Cashmonee macrumors 65816

Cashmonee

The SS seems tough to get. I have been checking all of Central Valley, CA up into the Bay Area, and there has not been a ton of availability on the silver stainless. As for which to get, it sounds like you want the SS, so you should wait. October 5 is not that far away.

5. wesselya thread starter macrumors member

So you doing Nike or SS? If I do get aluminum I might go Nike.

I sold my watch for 180. I'm sure I could of got 220 maybe for it but wanted a quick Sale. I did buy it for 80:/. Long story.

6. Cashmonee macrumors 65816

Cashmonee

Checking the stock again this morning (they updated around 8 am yesterday, and the SS silver is not available from Bakersfield to San Francisco. Not even the Union Square store has stock. In fact, it seems LTE is tough to get period. To be honest, it is mildly frustrating to see shortages for both the watch and Apple TV. Neither of these is super popular. After watching Apple for their entire rise, I now think they sometimes manufacture these shortages.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2017 ---
    Silver SS. I love the feel and look of the stainless, plus I have the milanese loop and a Hermes Single Tour that would not match the aluminum. The aluminum just doesn't do it for me. I really don't like the matte finish. I know it's shallow, lol! If I were to go with aluminum I would probably do the Nike to get the extra faces and unique bands.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

istocknow.com is tracking S3 watches, and yes Apple is showing in-store pickup availability now that we're past launch day.

8. Brandon083 macrumors member

Brandon083

I used iStockNow yesterday and picked up a space black SS 44MM at my local store. Super easy. There are even some editions available around the country for pick up today.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

There is a discrepancy between what iStockNow shows and what actual apple store app shows as "available".

10. justinf77 macrumors 6502

Did the exact same thing. Had a regular SS before but went with Space Black this time and I’m in love. Just a gorgeous watch.

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Arg! Ordered the Space Gray 42mm GPS only with gray band for arrival on Tuesday (already shipped) and now the Apple app is showing it’s available today at my local Apple store. It’s my first Apple Watch so I’m excited to get it. Not interested in tying up another $430 to buy it today and wait till the shipped watch arrives so I can return it. Le sigh.