Weird no one posted this yet but: 1). I walked into a Apple Store yesterday and they had some availability. I wanted a SS black and they did have an aluminum black. I was on the verge of buying one as it's hard running after I sold my AW2. 2) Apple website is now letting you check availability?! Still on the fence if I do get aluminum because of the resale value. Should I wait till October 5th?! Also I think I want to wait to buy from an online vender and save on tax. I do also think the holidays will bring small discounts on AW3. As a runner I did try in the SS and it is heavier and noticeable on your wrist. But I'm sure after I get a case with the aluminum it would be a wash. Still don't know which one to get and yes the added $10 a month fee is a bummer. Just wanted to update everyone on the pickup option.