Apple Watch 3 Cellular Bell Canada

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jimfastcar1, Sep 24, 2017.

1. jimfastcar1 macrumors member

jimfastcar1

Anybody connected in Canada ?, I am told Bell has to adjust the carrier settings (?) and they are working on it

2. MrBrault macrumors newbie

MrBrault

Bought my watch at 8am on friday. Had problem activating and using cellular on friday and saturday. A level 3 tech called me back this afternoon to let me know it was working and tested it with me. Now fully working :)

3. Fastskis macrumors newbie

Fastskis

Got my Series 3 on Friday, easy set up with Bell and pretty good deal compared to US, surprising. Calls work great with Phone turned off. Issues with messages not being sent, but the I got the new iPhone 8 plus and settings can be squirrelly with imessage etc.

Also when watch is connected on its own I am not getting the ability to stream from radio app on watch?

All in all very happy with watch.

4. rwings01 macrumors regular

How much does Bell charge monthly?

TIA

5. Fastskis macrumors newbie

Fastskis

--- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2017 ---
    Only 5 bucks a month, first 3 months free. Works great for calls, especially with air pods!

6. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

SWEET Christmas!!

7. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Just a note: SMS/MMS text messaging requires that your synced smartphone must be powered on so SMS/MMS messages may be forwarded to your watch. iMessage must be enabled and your smartphone must be connected to the network via either a cellular or Wi-Fi connection. If using a Wi-Fi connection, your smartphone must have Wi-Fi calling activated.

Dave

8. rwings01 macrumors regular

Great Price, unfortunately I’m not with Bell. They’re family plan is more expensive than Rogers for me anyways.

Thanks again

9. profets macrumors 601

Another Canadian here with the Watch active on Bell. Had issues the first day, and like @MrBrault mentioned after a few quick support calls a level 3 technician called me Sunday morning to resolve the problem.

10. jimfastcar1 thread starter macrumors member

jimfastcar1

Spent an hour with Genius Bar and they feel the Watch is faulty. I have had to order a new one and when it comes in return the first one !

11. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Why didn’t Apple swap it themselves under warranty?! Why pay to order another just to return a faulty one? Confusing.

12. jimfastcar1 thread starter macrumors member

jimfastcar1

They do not have any replacement units on hand and earliest is likely after Xmas. My options were to send new watch for repair, wait for on-hand inventory or order a new one and return the old one. They have made a note to overlook the 15 day return policy.

13. profets macrumors 601

^That is strange. Any details as to why it wasn't working on cellular?

I gotta say, I don't normally purchase Apple Care + but for the past few Watches I have (I feel it's still a reasonable price at $65 CAD). Saved me last year when one of the watchOS updates bricked (well not bricked, but rendered it unusable) my Watch and AC+ allowed me to have an express replacement the next day. If it had been an iPhone or other iOS device we can use iTunes for restoring.