Apple watch 3 for swimming

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Curly04, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Curly04 macrumors newbie

Curly04

Good afternoon,

I've sent my fitbit versa back as it doubled the amount I was swimming so I'm thinking of the Apple Watch 3.

Thing is I am disabled and I don't swim very fast (about 75 mins for half a mile in a 25 meter pool).

I don't mind paying for the watch if it works, does anyone here have any experience with them and be able to offer me any advice.

I need to prove to the hospital and GP that I am doing some exercise, but I don't want to have loads of missing data as its wrong so I've deleted, or something that has told me that I've done a lot more than I have.

Also how does it know when I've swam the 25 meters (1 length) do I have to touch the wall, what if I touch the wall twice when I turn around to set off again.

thanks for reading and sorry if I sound a little thick.

Curls

2. Nell macrumors 6502a

Nell

I don’t swim often but from my limited experience I’d say it should record your swim accurately. I always do touch the wall at the end of a length though (and possibly more than once if I want to pause between lengths to let someone faster go through).

3. cbronfman macrumors 6502

So long as you're putting out an effort - it will record your workouts with no problem. I also am disabled, USE A POWER CHAIR and use a lft to get in and out of the water, etc. And the watch shows my efforts great.