Apple Watch 3 LTE - France - Europe Coverage

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Nickmanis, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Nickmanis macrumors newbie

Nickmanis

Hello,

My name is Nick and I live in Athens, Greece.

I will travel to France soon and I would like to know if I purchase the Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + LTE there, will the LTE work back in Greece since Greece and France use the same LTE Band ?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

2. KrisLord macrumors 68000

No one really knows for sure.

It’s a bit more complex than LTE bands as the network operators need specific infrastructure to allow one mobile number to be shared between 2 devices. That’s why in the UK only one network supports the watch.

3. dimzen macrumors regular

dimzen

I'm from Denmark, was thinking about buying one from Germany, found one on Gravis site, but it's locked to Deutsche Telekom :(
    So sounds like I have to wait for the LTE model comes to Denmark :/

4. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

There are only a small number of phone providers on board currently(Link). There isn’t one in Greece or Denmark at the moment.

Looks like an EU Watch would probably have the right LTE bands, but you would still need a local carrier to come on board. Roaming doesn’t work with the device yet (that’s a network / industry limitation) so you can’t buy one abroad and use it at home, either, despite rules on EU roaming charges.

5. Nickmanis thread starter macrumors newbie

Nickmanis

Thank you very much for your reply! I would probably wait until it officially comes in Greece.