Apple Watch 3D Force Touch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Haxley, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Haxley macrumors regular

Haxley

Been reading a lot of claims that the iPhone 6s will support 3D Force Touch, which will sense multiple levels of force rather than the two levels Apple Watch can currently distinguish.

But I dunno, it seems like the Apple Watch can already sense more than the two levels claimed:

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You mean you think they can update the wOS software to detect three levels of force (a tap, a press, and a deeper press)? Possibly.

3. Haxley, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015

Haxley thread starter macrumors regular

Haxley

No, I mean the watch already can detect multiple levels of force. If you watch my video above, you'll see it switching between the face and the customization screen. There is an animation when switching to the customization screen that plays out depending on how hard I press. I can press just hard enough to not enter customization, let up on my press a little and watch the animation go backwards, press a little lighter, press a little harder. It can tell many different levels of force. The watch doesn't just feel a deep press then immediately go to the customization screen. Well it does, but it feels how hard your pressing all the way.