Apple Watch 42 mm SS

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AndrewR23, Mar 18, 2017.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

anyone have issues with Digital Crown straight out the box?

I have a series 2 ss with a very clicky springy button

The one I just ordered for my dad came in from Best Buy. Same model but the Digital Crown is extremely mushy. You can't even hear a click when you press it.

I have this experience with some refurbished series 0 Ss but I didn't know it existed with series 2

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Based off my readings, I really don't think it's anything to be concerned with. A lot of the digital crowns either appear to to have a stiff click or rather soft when you push it. I have multiple stainless models and all my digital crowns are different. I think it's just the way they are tuned from the factory.

Also, my thoughts are it might have to do with the seal surrounding the digital crown and the way the seal is seated.

3. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Yup. The more I thought about it I realized about half of my stainless steel models had regular clicks and half had the mushy soft ones.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

To be more specific, I own five of them, all stainless models. And three of them have a softer click and two of them have a firmer click. So mine don't have any consistency either. I think it has to do with the seal.

5. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Jc why do you own 5 lol?

Wanna sell me one? lol

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I know. I'm weird. I started with two and then I eventually purchased three more. What's nice about the Apple Watch, is that auto switch works seamlessly, where I don't have to restore/repair any my watches to my iPhone when I switch. Once I put on a different watch, it automatically pairs to my iPhone. Pure bliss.

Also, you should see my band collection. Let's just say it's a small investment.

7. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Hey can you PM me, It won't let me PM you