Apple Watch 42 SS - Sports band?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Tzuten, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Tzuten macrumors 6502

Noticed that pretty much all the major retailers don't have this in stock and don't appear to be getting in more..

Apple's own site doesn't have this version anymore. Is it a sell-through on existing stock before the new Watch hits?

2. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

The SS/Sport band combo was discontinued as soon as the nylon bands were introduced in April.

3. gigaguy macrumors 65816

4. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Dammm did not know that, thanks for the info

5. MrJM macrumors 6502

MrJM

I got a really good price on a SS with the red sports band purely because it was discontinued. You might get lucky if you look about!!

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You can now only get it on the Space Black SS model. As mentioned, nylon has replaced it as the base configuration on the SS.

7. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

It's almost a shame, because I think the sport band is pretty darned excellent. But if I were buying one today, maybe it would be easier to convince my wife to go along with my original plan, which was to get both a sport band and a steel bracelet (but honey, it's a little cheaper if I get the model with the mesh loop and buy the sport strap separately...). ;)

8. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

The only thing I don't like about the sport band is that it holds onto 'oil'. Bodily oils that is.

Apple are making a killing on the Stainless Steel model by only selling it with 'high' end bands. One should have the option to buy JUST the watch :)

9. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

It's easy to wash, though. Easier than any of the other bands Apple sells, too.

10. Xenden macrumors regular

Well, I guess Apple relegated the sports band to the sports edition watch. Kinda sad, it's a comfy band.

Oh well, at least the bands are only $50. Plus you'll be building your band collection.

11. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

I agree, it is a shame. I do a lot of yard work with my watch on, and I can just imagine how nasty and stained a nylon band would get from that. Sure they're fine for hand washing and getting caught in the rain, but I don't see them holding up to sweat or muddy or salty water.

12. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

I posted an image in another thread. But, Best Buy have the SS SB with the sport band for $499. Versus having to spend $649 with a band that you may not necessarily want...