Apple Watch 42mm Series 2 Availability - Still none???

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Blazer5913, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Blazer5913 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, quick question here. I was late on my "ah hah" moment in deciding that I new Series 2 AW is right for me. I've been trying to hold off for quite some time now but all of a sudden I want one more than ever haha. Anyways, when I try to get one from online store it says shipping in 3-4 weeks. And for in-store pickup availability it says nothing until Nov 18th. I haven't tried just showing up randomly to a store but don't want to make the trek if the journey is absolutely futile. Have any of you guys had any luck picking up a Series 2 42mm watch in store, just randomly? I don't want anything special, the bare bones Sport black version. Thanks... at the very least, I'll just have to order online and wait patiently haha

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

It's possible you could come across one if you have an Apple Store near your location. Just remember, even if Apple predicts a mid November ship date if your order online, your likely, in some cases, to receive it sooner than expected. Of all my Apple products I own, I always received them ahead of schedule.

3. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

4. Targets R Us macrumors newbie

Targets R Us

Definitely check out your local Best Buy stores. I had been doing searches on their web site for about a week and yesterday noted that my closest BB had the AW2 in space gray in stock.....so I quickly did a 'store pickup'!

5. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Theyre definitely out of stock of everything at the stores. I'm returning my 42mm Space Grey watch but I have to reorder the Space Black one. :)

6. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

You just have to keep hunting and get lucky. I stopped by my Apple store last night just to try one on, with no intention of buying one as I knew t hey would be completely out. As I was trying the on the rep said he noticed they had a single SS 42mm in the back and I snatched it, was afraid I was going to get mugged on the way out. I will probably return it though as it's not my cup of tea like I thought it would be.

7. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I'm curious.. Why are you going the Sports model over the Stainless Steel model?

8. clg82 macrumors 6502

I just looked online at bestbuy.com and selected the one i want 42mm SS with white sports band....ordered it....paid....and it says I can pick it up saturday easy peasy!

9. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

Yep. Best Buy has been my go-to for Apple products over the last few years or so. For whatever reason, Best Buy seems to usually get stock of new Apple products before even Apple does.

10. clg82 macrumors 6502

Has anyone here done the "pick up at store" option at their best buy....I ordered yesterday evening and it said in the email I received and the website that I could pick it up Saturday the 15th.....but I'm still showing processing....will I receive an email letting me know I can pick it up on Saturday or should I just chance it and go there to see if they have it?

11. Long Run Nick macrumors regular

You will. Might even show up a day earlier.

12. rob.james.arias macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

Ordered one from T-mobole yesterday it was at my door 6pm today!

13. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Ordered silver aluminum series 2 from Best Buy last Saturday and it arrived on Wednesday at my door as promised.

14. Otaviano macrumors 6502a

Otaviano

I got one today :D The website was showing 3-4 weeks but my local store had one in.

15. clg82 macrumors 6502

Well that was short lived....received an email this morning from BB stating that the shipment is delayed and that it will be available for pickup on Wednesday the 19th......anyone ever get a delayed email and than still get to pick it up on the day it was originally quoted.....or am I wishful thinking?

16. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

Wishful thinking. Anything is possible, but I expect Best Buy has a decent handle on their logistics.

17. clg82 macrumors 6502

Blah not the answer I was looking for on this Friday morning lol.....oh well :)

18. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

Mine just came today after I ordered it 1 week ago, it was impossible to find in retail stores.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Where did you order from? I ordered a 42MM space grey from Best Buy last night. They are reporting 11/9 delivery but hoping for something better. I'm in Hawaii right now. Was on the easy. Last earlier in the week and apple had zero availability. Now I stocknow is showing lots of stock where I normally live. Maybe Hawaii apple stores will get some today when they open as well.

20. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

From Apple's website.

21. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'll just keep checking the stores while I'm in Hawaii. If I find one I will just cancel the BB order.

22. clg82 macrumors 6502

Well scratch that LOL...just checked the status via the best buy website and it's showing that it's ready to be picked up! Lucky me! My Friday has turned around lol!

23. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

Congrats. Looks like I need to rethink my opinion of Best Buy's logistics.

24. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I had the Sport model last year, I sold it months back. I preordered the new space gray one to test it and returned it. I prefer the Space Black one over the gray. Appearance reasoning. :)

But I don't like the Stainless straps, I ordered my Space Black with the black sport band. I have Nomad's new Horween leather strap for it.