Apple Watch 42mm SS Questions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by abydm, Apr 30, 2015.

1. abydm macrumors member

okay everyone, i have had 24 hours with this bad boy and i must say that i am impressed but got a few questions:

1. This bad boy was rather warm this morning when i took it off the charger. Anything to be worried about or this is normal?
    2. When i checked the percentage of the charge, it was at 8% when i went to sleep and woke up to a 98% charge. Issue with my watch or all is good?
    3. The only music that can be synced to the watch are playlists eh? Not individual songs like any other iOS device? Am i wrong in this assumption?
    4. Anyone in Canada - what is the best app to use for navigation (bus, walk) aside from Google Maps?

Thanks everyone, so far so good!

2. Manfonse macrumors newbie

Manfonse

Mine wasn't charging at all, and it was warm when the charger was connected, i rebooted it and everything was fine after that.

3. skaclown macrumors member

1. This is normal, mine is always warm when I take it off the charger.

2. I've never seen this happen on mine (had it since launch). I would try a hard reset (Hold the 2 buttons until the watch reboots) and see if you get the same result again.

3. That is correct, what I plan to do is create a playlist called "Apple Watch" and add/remove songs to it when I want to change the songs, it'll sync automatically when both the phone and watch will be charging at night.

4. For navigation, as far I know, only Apple Maps works at the moment. But to get Bus and subway schedules I use Transit.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Warm is just part of inductive charging. Just like your Oral-B toothbrush gets warm sitting in the charger.

5. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

1. Normal

2. All good. To keep from overcharging, Apple has their device stop charging at 100% and let the battery run down a little then recharge fully. iPhones do the same thing.

3. Not, sure, but that 's what I did.

4. Not a Canadian - sorry.

----------

That's exactly what I did- create an Apple watch playlist.

6. abydm thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys for your reply. I was at 98% around 7am this morning, it is now 10:30 and i am down to 84%...turned majority of my alerts off, just work alerts during the day! still questioning the battery.

Thanks for the feedback on the temp of the device. I understand these things happen but just wanted to ensure i wasn't the only one experiencing this.

P.S The reset is the crown plus the side button till the apple logo appears? How does one remove it from Power Saving mode?

7. dmonnin macrumors regular

correct about the hard reset. Turn off power saving mode in settings on the watch

8. mrboba1 macrumors regular

3.5 hours and only 14 (lets say 16%) battery means you are on pace for 22 hours of battery life. Just so you know...

9. ecdc macrumors member

1. Almost certainly normal.
    2. Normal--sometimes my iPad/iPhone does the same thing. A power cycle fixes it.
    3. You are correct.
    4. Transit. Great app and says it works worldwide.

10. abydm thread starter macrumors member

math was never my strong suit in school :p

----------

thanks guys for your responses. so far loving this watch. people at starbucks are clueless when i go to buy coffee and scan my watch using passport! Can't wait till Apple Pay in Canada in November (rumor has it!)

one guy asked me if it was the new Samsung watch! I told him to read up on his tech!