Apple Watch Activity Move Calories Spiked

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Vihzel, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Vihzel macrumors 6502

Hey all. I'm really confused because my the calories in the activity app seems to have greatly increased, but I don't know why. My activity hasn't really changed that much, but the calories seem to be ticking a lot faster. I could almost reach an entire Move ring, even though I've just been lounging all day. Before, it would not be anywhere close to completing a whole circle. Anyone know what's going on? Is my Watch suddenly miscalibrated?

2. Haxley macrumors regular

Haxley

I'd say check your steps. You can make big gains pacing around the house.

3. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

If you have OS2 beta 5, it is definitely more sensitive than 1.0.1 as I have noticed. If I walk to the to the mailbox and back I will get credit for 20+ calories and 2 minutes of exercise. My driveway to the mailbox is 250 feet, but before, you wouldn't get much of anything which is as expected. Needless to say, with beta 5, it is definitely more sensitive beyond the norm.

4. ibwb macrumors regular

I have seen this happen a few times as well. If you go into the Health app and compare graphs for "calories burned" vs "steps" or "distance" you'll probably see that the ratio has changed. If it's like when it happens to me it's night-and-day, clearly some kind of bug.

I've resolved the issue a couple times now by rebooting both the watch and the phone.