Apple Watch Air

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by keatth, Jan 3, 2017.

1. keatth macrumors 6502

Please Apple make a super thin Apple Watch with no GPS, doesn't even need to be waterproof, screen could be plastic, maybe no Digital Crown, starting at $179!

2. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Thin sounds like Apple. The rest does not.

Plastic screen...

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Are you serious? You can say please all
    You want, This not going to happen. What would be the benefit of removing the Digital Crown? Plastic screen? Are you pleading your case to Apple or looking for feedback?

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

So if you remove most of the the battery to make it thin how do you power it?:rolleyes: Recharge every 4 hours?

5. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

So you want an original Pebble then? lol

6. keatth thread starter macrumors 6502

Watch OS 3 pretty much makes the Digital Crown useless. Unapologetically plastic lol. Still OLED though. To keep cost down.

7. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

Im used to chunky watches and this does not in any way feel chunky in the slightest imo.

It feels so nice and light that if it was any lighter or thinner I'd be worried about it breaking just lifting my arm up to look at it.

:)

8. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

I agree, I wore a Seiko Velatura Kinetic before the Apple Watch and they're about the same thickness to be honest. I personally wouldn't want something as thin as a Swatch, that just reminds me of cheapness.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 4, 2017 ---
    Well you use the crown to get back to the watch face or close apps don't you? Basically the home button.

9. BSben macrumors 6502a

Your should ask i.am+, their smart cuffs/watches were rubbish when they made them, but perhaps your 'cheap' idea may work for them (as long as taste is not a requirement).

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Agreed. The Apple Watch is perfect with the stainless model. I also agree that other mechanical watches are far larger than this, and even in the other smart watch categories, other competitors have much larger and bulkier smart watches.

11. atlas_0 Suspended

atlas_0

Have you ever worn a normal watch? The Apple Watch is already well in the standard range, and far thinner and smaller than most "chunky" watches. Go try on an Invicta Russian Diver sometime and then tell us that the Apple Watch is too thick.

12. raqball macrumors 6502a

raqball

I have a fenix 3 and it feels like it's twice the size and twice the weight of the Apple Watch.. The Apple Watch is pretty compact and lightweight...

13. Relentless Power, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I almost purchased a Fenix 3. But I agree, it's far larger than the Apple Watch is.

14. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I have a very small wrist and went from 42mm AW0 to 42mm AW2 and i'm glad its about 1mm thicker. Plastic screen ? why would you want that ?

Lots of smartwatches to be released this year so enjoy the search, I'm sure many would be around $180