Apple Watch Aluminium 42mm Power Button Shaky!!!!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bluemoonromance, Apr 25, 2015.

1. bluemoonromance macrumors newbie

Hi,

Is it just me or is the power button on the watch shaky, similar to the iphone 5 problem from a few years ago. There is definite give and I can feel it rattling away like crazy when I use it (as opposed to being a firm snug fit)

:( This sucks donkey b@lls :(

Cheers
    --
    bluemoon

2. leenak macrumors 68020

There is a power button?

Nothing should be shaky. Both the side button and the dial on mine are firm.

3. bluemoonromance thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep I meant the side button (since holding it allows you to turn it off :)). Ok good to know. I'll be down at the Apple store first thing tomorrow morning. TY for confirming your's is just fine.

4. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Apple Watch Aluminium 42mm Power Button Shaky!!!!

They will ask you to phone customer service, apple aren't handling replacements in store.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Nothing the Apple store can do to help you:rolleyes:

6. mdmt619 macrumors member

I have the same issue on my 42 SS BSB. I did the online chat and they told me to take it to the apple store, so I have an appointment on Monday.

Did you take yours in today?

7. bluemoonromance thread starter macrumors newbie

I am SO dissapointed with Apple. Long story short,

1) They refuse to put a hold on my card for a new watch, send me a replacement and then allow me to return my defective watch and take off the hold.

2) They refuse to pause my return period while I send in for repairs, a watch that they sent to me which was defective right out of the box. So essentially by the time they repair and send it back, I've used it for 2 days and I don't have the ability to return it in store if I figure I can't use it.

3) They refuse to at least expedite my shipping if I agree to buy a brand new watch from them and return this one individually in store.

So the only option I'm stuck with is to return this in store. And then order a new one and wait for the June ship date :|. WTF did I stay up and order this thing. When they are not processing in-store exchanges and repairs, the least they can do is to make this process easier for people online/over the phone.

Seriously WTF.

Anyone else been through a similar experience or were you able to reach a different conclusion.

P.S. I don't have Apple Care+ and the only way to make this easy is for me to spend another 49$ for the same which is absolute *************!

8. Repelle macrumors regular

Yep I feel you. I have had exactly the same experience (In the UK) as you.

Today I found out that the carrier is collecting my watch on Wednesday and then at some point after that I have to wait until the new one is shipped. They tell me some time towards the end of the week. That's going to be over a week turnaround.

I enquired about cross-shipping with a card hold but it's a no go.

No other options other than to wait. I'm not happy but there's nothing more I can do, so just have to eat it.

At least they'll ship the replacement upon getting the defective one back, and not have to wait until June.

Your best option is to set up the replacement with the tech support number and go with the option I did. You'll be without it for a week - week and a half, but at least you won't be waiting longer.

9. Javidaboii macrumors newbie

Contact AppleCare support and let them know how you feel. If enough people complain, then they are bound to also something.