Apple Watch and AirPod issue

Fireball Dragon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Chigwell, England
When I listen to music stored locally on my AW using AirPods and take a single AirPod out of my ear, the music pauses. Which is normal.

Okay, if I put the AirPod back into my ear after a few seconds, music resumes. But I i wait a couple of minutes, music will not play automatically again. Fair enough, I can just press ‘play’ on my AW or iPhone again.

But here is where the problem is. If I press play, the music resumes (I can see the track progress) but stops after a few seconds. No sound from AirPods at all.

I then have to put the AirPods back into the case, wait a few minutes and take them out again for functionality to resume.

Has anyone else experienced this?

riverfreak

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2005
Thonglor, Bangkok
Yes. I have similar problems.

First, how do you see track progress? I only see the play/pause indicator.

Putting in the AirPods, I can select a playlist or a song without problem, and am prompted where I want to play it. Works fine and starts to play. But audio stops if I:
* finish the song
* fast forward to the next song
* choose a new song from the queue

The Music app still shows a song playing.

Pressing Play/pause sometimes I sticks it as does taking an AirPod out.

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
I've had that issue happen to me once and placed them back in the case and connected.

One at least 2 times, music has stopped playing on one ear and only resumes if I take that airpod out of my ear and put it back in.