Apple Watch and Basketball

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by HurricanePDX, May 1, 2015.

1. HurricanePDX macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! Just got my SG Sport yesterday and loving it so far. I regularly play 5v5 basketball and would like to track my activity through the watch but I wonder how it will hold up... I use to have an UP24 and that thing would go flying off my wrist (no clasp mechanism...) and generally get in the way. Anyone try this out yet or plan to?

2. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

Played a couple of pickup games earlier with it on. Took it off after a while because once people start hacking, I don't want it getting smacked right off.

3. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

So I played softball in mine last night and I put a Nike Double Wide wristband/sweatband over it and it was fine.

4. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

Good idea, I have a softball game tomorrow and am debating about wearing my watch.

5. mistersandman macrumors member

That's a great idea. Sometimes guys will wear rings when playing hoops and that would definitely crack the glass if they were reaching/slapping at the ball.

6. HurricanePDX thread starter macrumors newbie

GENIUS!! :cool:

7. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

I would not worry about it getting hurt. But I would worry about scraping someone with it. At very least put a wristband over it. But really you could also catch someone's finger and break it, the finger I mean. Or catch someone in the mouth and take out a tooth.

Basically this seems like a bad idea to me. Which is too bad since basketball is my most common form of exercise and it won't get recorded by the app.

8. HurricanePDX thread starter macrumors newbie

Played a whole game with it on using the double wide band and I'd call it a success! Didn't notice it really too much besides getting a few notifications during the game. Next time I might put it in "Do Not Disturb" mode just to avoid the buzzing.

9. Bigboi macrumors newbie

Why would you play basketball with a watch on? If somebody came on the court with a watch on we would tell them if they running with us it got to go it could cause somebody to get cut.