Apple Watch and Go Pro Hero 4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by clint-bell, Jun 24, 2015.

1. clint-bell macrumors regular

Hi All,

I've not got a Go pro yet, but am planning too in the next month or so before I travel to Asia for a holiday.

Was wondering if there are any Go Pro users out there who know if the two can communicate and the :apple:Watch be used as a second screen to take and control the shutter button for pictures?

I know the Go Pro can be paired to an iPhone using the App but was just curious to know if Go Pro have made the App Apple Watch friendly.

Thanks in advance :)

2. toph2toast macrumors 6502

To my knowledge the GoPro app iPhone does not have an app at this time. I just opened the Apple Watch app on my phone, and when you scroll to the bottom it lists all the apps that you can load onto the watch. The GoPro app is not one of them.

As an FYI - A quick way to see if a particular app as an accompany Apple Watch app is to go on the iOS app store and search for/click on a particular app. Under the app icon there will the apple watch version of the icon and the phrase "Offers Apple Watch App"

3. srshaw macrumors 6502

Pretty sure there's no way to show the gopro's output from the watch. I'm sure it will happen in the future though.

4. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

You know what....? A GoPro App would be frickin awesome. The two products would compliment each other so well.

(though for now, as others have said- currently they aren't compatible)

5. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

Get yourself a Sony AS 200V with wrist remote screen. Superior to go pro in many ways. You can edit and upload video right from your iPhone, too.

Do some homework before you buy anything, though, these days a go pro is McDonalds compared to Morton's, and there are lots of compelling choices.

6. clint-bell thread starter macrumors regular

Hopefully, I think it would be pretty awesome!

Thanks for the tips! I've not ordered one yet but will have a look around. Go pro is pretty much all you see and read about so that's my reasoning for wanting to get one of those.

7. hiker1 macrumors newbie

Yes, it is called 10app.

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Since the watch part has to be used in tandem with the iPhone or iPad app, it hardly seems worth it.