Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shandyman

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
So, I've been running PB2 since it came out, no major issues, but today, my Apple Watch seemed to drain twice as fast. No idea why. Usage in the app shows a higher usage than normal. Sadly, it's not as detailed as the iPhone's settings app. That's something I hope they improve!

Never had the drain like that when not in beta. I know I'm running a beta, but just wondering if others have had anything like that happen to them on PB2.

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I'm on the opposite side, the drain has been less with PB2 than PB1. I have made sure and rebooted both devices also. Sometimes the notification seem to "dissapear", and I'm checking the watch more often to clear things. Maybe that was draining the battery more?

shandyman

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I'm on the opposite side, the drain has been less with PB2 than PB1. I have made sure and rebooted both devices also. Sometimes the notification seem to "dissapear", and I'm checking the watch more often to clear things. Maybe that was draining the battery more?

It's only been one day where this has happened. Rebooted both now. Will see if tomorrow is same as today, or back to normal.

Just be nice to see if it's a specific app. No way to tell tho.

Also, my iPhone battery was drained more than usual too. The only thing that stands out on there is Facebook messenger being in background for 10 hours. Doubt that affected the watch tho.

Unless FB wasn't the culprit and something was making the iPhone/Watch connection more active than usual.

Klaatu63

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2010
New Jersey
It's only been one day where this has happened. Rebooted both now. Will see if tomorrow is same as today, or back to normal.

Just be nice to see if it's a specific app. No way to tell tho.

Also, my iPhone battery was drained more than usual too. The only thing that stands out on there is Facebook messenger being in background for 10 hours. Doubt that affected the watch tho.

Unless FB wasn't the culprit and something was making the iPhone/Watch connection more active than usual.
Running IOS 9 PB2 and seeing no change on Apple Watch battery life.
With light usage I usually have about 40% capacity remaining at bedtime - 10:00 PM.

shandyman

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Running IOS 9 PB2 and seeing no change on Apple Watch battery life.
With light usage I usually have about 40% capacity remaining at bedtime - 10:00 PM.

As I said, it was fine for the first few days. You had PB2 since it came out? Or did you wait?. No noticeable difference. Just suddenly out of the blue today I got the tap and asked if I wanted to enable power reserve.

Klaatu63

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2010
New Jersey
As I said, it was fine for the first few days. You had PB2 since it came out? Or did you wait?. No noticeable difference. Just suddenly out of the blue today I got the tap and asked if I wanted to enable power reserve.
Been running PB2 since the day of release three/four days without any battery drain change.

Zlewisss

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2015
Havent had any issues with battery life but I am having trouble opening third party apps on the watch.

shandyman

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Well today, the watch is back to normal. No idea what caused the random drain yesterday.

iPhone is still seeing a big drain. No surprises that FB & FB messenger are high on the list. I'm suspecting FB Messenger as it got an update Friday and I had no issues before that.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Well today, the watch is back to normal. No idea what caused the random drain yesterday.

iPhone is still seeing a big drain. No surprises that FB & FB messenger are high on the list. I'm suspecting FB Messenger as it got an update Friday and I had no issues before that.

When the watch was newer, my wife placed her watch on the charger like normal and went to bed. Turns out she had it a little off but just enough that it didn't charge. She didn't notice until later the next day when she was out of battery. Looking in the Watch app we verified the amount of time since the last charge and it told us about the lack of overnight charging.

Maybe your watch failed to charge overnight too?

shandyman

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
When the watch was newer, my wife placed her watch on the charger like normal and went to bed. Turns out she had it a little off but just enough that it didn't charge. She didn't notice until later the next day when she was out of battery. Looking in the Watch app we verified the amount of time since the last charge and it told us about the lack of overnight charging.

Maybe your watch failed to charge overnight too?

Nope. That was my first thought and I checked it. As I said in my OP, I checked the usage settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.