Apple Watch and T-Mobile Wi-Fi incoming calls

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mariojdo, May 7, 2015.

1. mariojdo macrumors newbie

Has anyone on T-Mobile noticed that when you have Wi-Fi Calls Activated (Carrier name changed to "T-Mobile Wi-Fi") you don't see incoming calls on your watch?

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

That is confirmed. Wi-Fi calling and Apple Watch don't work together.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203032

Note: Wi-Fi Calling isn't supported on Apple Watch.

3. mariojdo, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015

mariojdo thread starter macrumors newbie

This really sucks, If I disable Wi-Fi calls I get very bad signal at home, as agent Smith said "What good is a phone call if you are unable to speak? :cool:"

Hope there is a fix for this soon or I'll have to "uncarrier" from T-Mobile.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

solution, leave t-mobile haha. I had them for a very long time but the service inside buildings is very poor. Wifi calling also stops cellular phone calls coming through on macs/ipads

5. Moorevfr macrumors newbie

Damn that's a shame I forgot to enable to this and now I have my watch can't do so, hopefully they'll come up with a work around? Silly to have a new feature and product that go against each other.

6. mariojdo thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't see why a workaround cant be made for this, like When Wi-Fi calls are activated the watch would only be used as Bluetooth headphones work Mic + Speaker, that would be good enough.

7. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

I suspect they had to trim some features to make the launch timeframe, so some functionality of the VoIP stack for the Watch OS got dropped.

This could also explain why the walkie-talkie app isn't there. (was one of the features they pimped pre-launch)

At least, I'm hoping that's the reason - and it's not some political play by AT&T or Verizon. :(

Time will tell...