Apple Watch and tattoos

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gsxr1000, Jan 28, 2017.

1. gsxr1000 Suspended

gsxr1000

Does anyone think Apple will ever fix well maybe not fix but alleviate the issue with not being able to read through the black ink. I the watch when they first came out and yes I'm sleeved both arms but use the watch anyway just don't have it password protected so I get alert on phone and watch no biggie to me. But was just curious if anyone thinks this will ever be solved.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I don't think so. I think everyone will vary on variations of how deep and contrast the ink is. The sensors may work for some with tattoo's and others it may not. I think you will find out, there will always be someone experiencing difficulty with this, being every situation is different.

3. AppleB macrumors 6502

AppleB

I have a partial black ink sleeve on my my watch arm(left) and not able to get consistent password function either.
    Haven't heard this being discussed since the release of the original AW.
    I haven't heard anything about a potential "fix".

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I Remember this issue with the tattoos arose immediately when the first Apple Watch launched. I don't believe there really could be a fix for something like this. Because every situation is different with the depth of the tattoo, saturation, color, location, etc. I feel it's just some of the downfalls that may prevent some of the features to be accessible With tattoos.