Apple Watch App Layout Strategies

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Analog Kid, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Analog Kid macrumors 601

Analog Kid

Has anyone actually taken the time to try and organize their apps on Apple Watch? I find the process maddening-- both on the watch and on the phone. The fact that everything I move, pushes the rest of the grid around makes it impossible to arrange without some sort of mission planning and I always, eventually, give up.

Is there a strategy to this that I'm just not seeing?

I see screenshots online of app arrangements where the bubbles aren't fully packed, but I can't seem to leave empty spaces no matter what I do...

2. KrisLord macrumors 65832

I think the circular layout is terrible, I switched to the list view and have used that.

As it sorts alphabetically you know exactly where you need to scroll to.

3. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

Can you only do that on the watch? Can’t find it in the app.

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Used to 'waste' time trying to figure a good method. However List view is so superior and intuitive to use.

5. barjam macrumors 6502

Force push at the grid screen then select list. I also use the list view. Another advantage to the list view is that it doesn’t suffer from animation stutters when going back and forth from some of the more complicated watch faces.

6. Analog Kid thread starter macrumors 601

Analog Kid

Thanks, for the feedback. List view is an option, but it doesn’t let me prioritize things. I have to scroll to the bottom, for example, to get to the timer. The dock let’s me keep some items warm, it it’s not as friendly yet as I’d like.

A UI on a device like this is clearly a challenge, and there’s still plenty of room to improve...

7. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

Most of the time I use Siri to open apps. Use the list view but all of my most-used apps are in the dock.