Apple Watch app music section crashing after 8.4 update

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by aduteau, Jul 5, 2015.

1. aduteau macrumors 6502a

Anyone of you guys are having problems accessing the music tab on the Apple Watch app after subscribing to Apple music.

I can't get to play in the sections anymore to sync on the watch. Every time I hit music it crashes the Apple Watch app ......

2. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

So ... No one is having issues with Apple music ans syncing playlists on Apple watch ?? No app crash at all ?

3. Jatheon macrumors newbie

Jatheon

App crashes as soon as you enter or when you change your tune?

4. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

As soon as I enter the Music Section of the Apple Watch App (on iOS 8.4)
    Was fine before 8.4
    I am using the 3 months trial of Apple Music ... maybe it has something to do with iCloud music syncing playlists on Apple Music ?

I just cant select any playlist from the Apple Watch App to sync over to the Apple Watch

5. HopefulHumanist, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015

HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

You must have deleted the playlist that you previously had synced to the watch. It's a bug where if it can't find that playlist anymore, it'll just crash. The only solution I found was unpairing. I had it before 8.4 but it sounds exactly the same.

6. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hummmmm playlist is still there ... But I havent unpaired the watch yet , guess I will try that and see if it can help, thanks for the tip !

7. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

well unpairing the Apple Watch seems to have fix the problem of not having access to the music Tab to sync playlists !

Witch brings me to this question ..... Are we only able to sync user generated playlists ? The Apple Music playlists that I add to my music (even when the are available offline) do not show up to sync on the watch ???

8. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I don't think you can at the moment (I'm guessing a future update may fix that). In iTunes, You can drag Apple playlists onto a local playlist that will add the songs in the Apple Playlist and allow you to sync that way