Apple Watch & Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Oridus, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Oridus macrumors 6502a

Oridus

What compatibility between the two devices would you like to see?

2. Just1n12 macrumors member

Just1n12

Well you can already use the Apple Watch as a remote for the Apple TV, aside from that maybe voice search from the Apple Watch to the Apple TV?

3. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

Voice search would be nice. Also, audio passthrough to headphones like the Roku 3 has would be great. I have little interest in controlling the TV with the watch. A proper remote control is a far better solution. Using it as a remote is a throw away feature.

4. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I don't think the remote app is meant for intense browsing, more just oh I want to watch this movie, let me throw it on, and you don't feel like reaching for the remote. I would really like to see some siri integration and the headphone idea though. That should just be built into the iOS app in general.

5. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

That's actually fairly intense. I see it as I want to press pause. Anymore, and I am looking for the remote or my phone.

6. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I think that's where siri could come in though. Just say play "movie", and it plays it from your iTunes server. I think I could still see myself using it with the touch screen though, as long as the UI is good enough.