Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
wwmbz9.jpg

For Those watching the watch keynote closely, there were 64 icons on the Apple watch at Demo timecode [01:17:00]
Feel free to copy this list and update it as new information comes available:

Apple Applications
All of these are seen on the device.

E03) Clock - The main clock with configurable faces.
B09) Timer - Countdown timer
A09) Stopwatch - Designed for common and sports scenarios.
E02) World Clock
E05) Fitness - Move, Stand and Exercise "Rings" on the screen game-ify basic fitness with achievements (badges)
E04) Workout -monitoring for running, cycling etc.
???) Siri - Various integration points, including rotten tomatoes (movies).
D03) Music - No details on storage.
C04) Weather - No details.
C05) Calendar - Supports "Glances" for next meeting etc.
D09) iTunes Remote - Blue play icon. remote play iphone or airplay music.
E09) Photos - Favourited collections and photos only, show in mosaic and allow zooming.
A06) Passbook - Support for Apple Pay. Default card will show when next to NFC, contact with skin (and passcode entry, when the watch is put on) is required.
D02) Maps - Walking directions with vibrating "go left/right" feedback.
D10) Settings - Obvious requirement.
C09) Messages - Quick replies and notifications imessage and SMS.
C08) Phone Dialer - No details
E11) Camera Remote - Shows video feed. Great for gigs if you're short. Good for iPhone camera timer.
B10) Stocks - Much like apple’s iOS app.
E01) Alarm Clock - Yet another separate clock app.
E07) Mail - Basic email functionality, including smart replies (reads emails for common responses)
D08) Calculator - Basic calc, probably not scientific due to screen size.
E12) Heart Monitor - Red icon with white heart, with heartbeat going through it.
--- Possible ---
B12) Workout - Old Workout app icon or raw workout data
C11) Fitness - Old Fitness app icon or raw fitness data. Same icon as in Health iOS8 app.
B03) Sleep Monitor - possible sleep monitoring and suggestions

Announced Vendor Applications
Not all of these were seen on the home screen.

???) Facebook
A07) Twitter
A13) BMW i Connected Drive
B06) American Airlines
B07) HoneyWell Lyric - thermostat control
???) Nike+
C02) Starwood Hotels
C07) Lutron - lighting control
C10) Major League Baseball
D06) Yahoo
D07) Pinterest
E10) City Mapper - public transport route finder
---Discovered, not announced---
A10) Whole Pantry - Healthy recipes
A11) Telegram - Messenger app
B11) QQ - messenger, calling app.
C06) AT&T Voicemail Viewer - visual voicemail
E06) Weibo - Chinese microblog (like twitter/fb)

Unknown Icons
Icons on the home screen i couldn't identify.

A01) White - Black ‘B’
A02) Blue - white tick
A03) White - Card Game - 4 suits
A04) Red - with orange "Cc" text logo
A08) Orange - with white Mail envelope
A12) Grey -with 5 multi-colored ‘splashes’ out from the center.
A13) Grey - leaning grey icon with blue “i” in it
B01) Green - with black “3” and “4” flip clock cards.
B02) Green - with a white Explosion and a “B”
B04) Red - with a brown bear/dog
B05) White - 2 arrows red and green pointing at each other.
B08) Green - Lightbulb icon
B13) White - with ABC in colorful writing.
C01) Yellow - with white # symbol
C03) Green - Currency Converter Icon (pound, euro, dollar sign)
C12) Yellow - light yellow with orange Fox
C13) Blue - light blue with a Red heart-shaped plane facing S.
D01) Purple - with basketball net
D04) Green -with a white Percent sign
D05) Grey - with a color painting palette of 7 colors
D11) Light Yellow - bar chart (Numbers?)
D12) Yellow - with a Ladybird
D13) Green - 4 people sat at a table?
E08) Grey - with a purple ‘carriage return’ character

thanks to: jiashuw, rcastro0, x13gamer, talonfast, jayleb, mknapper1
wwmbz9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BrodieApple

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
I'd rather have something more like this to start, honestly:

apple-orginal-iphone.jpg

The thing that worried me most about the Apple Watch is Apple's apparent lack of the filter. They used to know how to say no really well, and I don't think they did this time. Hopefully they can make it work, and either way I'm sure that it will be a successful product. But there is something to be said for knowing when to say no.

Nathan20

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012

View attachment 491291

The thing that worried me most about the Apple Watch is Apple's apparent lack of the filter. They used to know how to say no really well, and I don't think they did this time. Hopefully they can make it work, and either way I'm sure that it will be a successful product. But there is something to be said for knowing when to say no.

You can. Don't download any of the 3rd party apps

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
I believe i saw Instagram and Snapchat apps on Tim Cooks Apple Watch during his interview with Charlie Rose. Tim also says something along the lines of "There are some apps on here you probably shouldn't see".

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic

View attachment 491291

Yeah.. I'd love such a small device with the looks of iPhone 6.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL

View attachment 491291

The problem with this setup is that the app eco system was never conceived. Now we have a really bad method for storing app icons because it wasn't made for how we use it.

On the watch, Apple is acknowledging that people will load it with apps. They imagined a typical use case of storing many apps, and designed it from that standpoint.

x13gamer

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
Pure Michigan
#13 Apple's "Remote" app should be the one near the middle. Tim or someone said something about they love being able to control their apple tv from it.

#7 Mint
#21 Looks like Honeywell's "Honeywell Lyric".

Last edited:

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco

View attachment 491291

Completely agree. This is the case I think where "steve wouldn't have done that"... There is a reason they started this project 3 years ago. Hint, right after steve died. That interface looks like a complete mess. The way you interact with the interface is all over the place. crowns, touch screens, buttons. This is a wait and see product but I would even consider this on the same level as the iPod and iPhone....

TheBag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
#13 Apple's "Remote" app should be the one near the middle. Tim or someone said something about they love being able to control their apple tv from it.

#7 Mint

Mint use a leaf with a dollar symbol in it, this must be something else :(

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
That home screen showing a ton of apps is misleading IMO because I don't think people will be loading that many apps. Perhaps Apple wanted to convey that it will have a rich ecosystem of apps. I hope they kept some secrets for the device launch to surprise us.

spiralstairs

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
Many of these app icons are likely conceptual. When the Mac App Store was launched, placeholder icons were also used. For example in this image there's "Roll 'em," "Color Studio," "Fast Lane," and "Home Watch," all just placeholders for real apps once the store was live. I'm guessing the misc. icons on the watch are just to prove a concept for now.

Mac-App-Store.png

mknapper1

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
C06
Att voicemail viewer icon as seen here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.att.um.androidvmv

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC

#7 Mint

Regarding the Remote app, I wonder if the :apple:Watch is the key to the Home and Entertainment endeavours for Apple?

"Hey Siri, go to Netflix"
"Hey Siri, lock all of the doors"

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Regarding the Remote app, I wonder if the :apple:Watch is the key to the Home and Entertainment endeavours for Apple?

I think that's exactly what they're planning, and my guess is they're going to use an updated Apple TV as a routing hub for all those commands.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

I don't think that will happen soon. Hey siri only works on the iPhone when plugged in. The battery on the watch probably would not be able to have always listening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.