Apple Watch at the beach

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Praeceptor, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Praeceptor macrumors newbie

Praeceptor

Hello there,

I was just wondering what you guys do with an Apple Watch at the beach.

Do you use it there? Any experiences to share with me in the last Summer or any tipps and tricks?

2. matt9013 macrumors 6502

matt9013

I think it depends on what you do at the beach. When I go to the beach I never really get sandy. If the AW was 100% waterproof as some say it is and others say it isn't/broke the watch I would wear it as I mostly swim or jet ski. No activities that get me super sandy where it could scratch it.

Also depends if you like the fitness aspects. If not I'd leave it home. If you like tracking and you do a lot at the beach bring it.

3. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Watch out for sand scratch on Sports's display and all cases. I had to do some buffing on my SS case after couple trip to beach. It is just too easy to rub on the watch when sand all over the watch, specially in the middle of all the fun.
    SS sapphire display is fine though, no scratch at all with sand all over it.

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

There are a few folks who posted their experiences surfing with the watch and no issues.

Personally, I never take anything to the beach that I care about-- the harsh sand and salt environment is highly destructive to anything in its path.

5. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

I trust my Watch to be okay, but I'd rather just wear my G-Shock or Seiko diver if I'm planning to get wet n' sandy.

Whichever watch I wear, it would still need to be rinsed off afterwards. Tap water is fine.

6. The Clark macrumors regular

The Clark

My apple watch held up perfectly fine while I was at the beach. I even ran into the lake while I was drunk and the AW was fine, sadly my iPhone 6 was not.

7. Praeceptor thread starter macrumors newbie

Praeceptor

Thanks to you for your experiences. Could you Tell me if you had problems with the sun, the heat or something like that?

8. ka-spot macrumors 6502a

I don't have :apple: Watch. It is not officially here (Bulgaria), but I can't wait to get one stainless steel with black band (Leather or Classic Buckle). Can't wait... I just want mine

damn I have to get it last year when I have a chance...

9. Praeceptor thread starter macrumors newbie

Praeceptor

Please stay on topic

10. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I went on two beach based vacations last year with my Apple watch and I had no issues. I did go into the sea but didn't swim so my watch did not get wet. For lounging on the beach it was just fine. When I went in the pool I took my watch off.