Apple Watch Back cover issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kezman88, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Kezman88 macrumors newbie

Anyone encounter this issue as below? May I know how to fix it? P/S: the watch still functioning.

Attached Files:

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Do not attempt to fix it. Take it back to apple who will swap it.

3. Kezman88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Basically I'm from Malaysia and the Apple authorised reseller do not know how to fix it. I bought from Japan while travelling. If the warranty is international so that I can take it to Hong Kong Apple Store to check and fix when I travel?

Or any manual way can fix such as using the glue to stick back?

Thank you so much. :)

P/S: Malaysia do not have Apple Store.

4. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Call Apple support...they will probably arrange you to ship it to them for exchange or warranty fix.

5. Kezman88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your advise. I will call to Apple support for furthe checking.

Thank you so much :)

6. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

For future reference, if it's out of warranty (and assuming Apple doesn't deem this as an ongoing issue*), you can just glue it back into place. It was originally assembled with glue anyway.

* For some other products in the past, there have been a few instances of a particular failure being common enough to warrant free repairs outside the warranty period. Maybe the caseback issue could get similar status, maybe not; it's still pretty early (nobody's AW will be at the 1-year mark for another couple weeks).

7. Kezman88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, Thank you for your reply and advise as well. Will call to Apple Support for further checking first, otherwise, will proceed buy a 3Second Glue to glue it back. :)

Thank you so much.