Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
U.K
Just wondering if the ban on sales of the watch has or will reach the UK,went in to 2 Curry's (major electrical store in UK ) today and they said "there is none on display but we have some in stock". If they have them in stock why not on display. Also it takes 2 weeks to be delivered from Apple

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Just wondering if the ban on sales of the watch has or will reach the UK,went in to 2 Curry's (major electrical store in UK ) today and they said "there is none on display but we have some in stock". If they have them in stock why not on display. Also it takes 2 weeks to be delivered from Apple
The ITC is a US agency, so no, no ban in the UK

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2023
As far as I know the ban only affected apples online store and physical stores, third-party retailers here in the US, Best Buy, Target, etc. could still sell those watches. Perhaps the display model at that store was damaged?

GoofyCyborg

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Wales, UK
When I ordered an Apple Watch SE from Apple UK just before Christmas it wash shipped from China. That probably explains the two week wait time.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Maybe if it’s a high crime area? They have everything on display in my local curry’s but no staff to serve anyone.
I’m not sure about crime in the UK, but in the USA I’ve seen Apple Watch display models stolen where the bracket was bent to get the watch out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.