Apple Watch Band Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LarrySJ, Mar 15, 2015.

1. LarrySJ macrumors newbie

Couldn't find this addressed earlier, but does anyone know why the Black Sport band is not offered as an option with the Silver Aluminum Case?

May I assume this is not due to any unique fitting between the case and the band? Perhaps just a marketing strategy?

Thanks

2. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

Because of the black pin on the black band, I suspect. Not sure why Apple had to go and color the pin (obsessive-compulsive disorder, ahumm... lol), as the black surface treatment will just scrape off of the exposed top of the pin anyway when your arm rests on various surfaces...

If you want the black band for the regular aluminium watch it will undoubtedly be available for purchase separately.

3. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

This is the combo I'm going for as well. Oh you can buy the black strap with a silver pin on the apple store. It's offered with both a black pin and a silver for the SS version.

4. malone18 macrumors member

malone18

Agree, on the site you can see that there is a black sport band that has a grey tip. I'm sure this will be for the silver sport.

MJ4G2.jpg

MJ4G2_AV2.jpg

5. LarrySJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies.

I suspect that this was carefully thought out. Purchasing one with a colored band and then purchasing a black sport band reduces the difference in cost between the Aluminum and the SS by only 49.00. So, I'll probably go for the SS.

6. malone18 macrumors member

malone18

There is a $200 price difference between SS and aluminum. So the aluminum plus an additional sport band would be $150 cheaper than the SS with one sport band....unless I'm missing something.

7. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

Oh, good find there! Cheers. :D

I'd prefer the silver pin myself, as it doesn't get that unsightly "patina" of steel shining through when the surface layer scrapes off...

8. LarrySJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry,

You're absolutely correct. Sorry for the very large math error.

Thanks