Apple Watch bands also swim-proof officially?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by broadbean, Sep 14, 2016.

1. broadbean macrumors 6502a

I've been wondering about this because of Apple's Watch graphic. Does this suggest the Sport Bands and Woven Nylon bands are swim-proof?

[​IMG]

I couldn't work out what band this is, but looks like a Sports Band:
    [​IMG]

2. Vihzel macrumors 6502

The sport band and nylon bands are fine when they get wet. It's best to use the sport band since the nylon band will retain water and take a bit to dry.

3. scriptkitten macrumors regular

scriptkitten

Has anyone ever had a sport band come loose? I'm anxious about losing my watch in a lake even tho my sports bands have never come loose.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple's only disclaimer is "Stainless steel and leather bands are not water resistant."

5. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

I have never seen a single report of that. And given how loudly some people complain about the most trivial apple related things I am sure we would have heard of it if it happens.

6. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Hmm. Wonder why. Maybe Apple thinks their steel bands won't dry completely. I've got no reservations about take any of my steel watches underwater. Before durable rubber and resin compounds were developed, outdoor-oriented "sport" watches used steel bands.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Probably just a CYA thing, in case someone leaves it out in the water for a week or so.

Apple has advertised the link bracelet being worn during a workout.

[​IMG]