Apple Watch Basics sessions at Apple Stores on the 24th!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rhyme, Apr 16, 2015.

1. rhyme, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

rhyme macrumors regular

rhyme

fulloauto has just pointed out on another thread that you can reserve a spot in an Apple Watch Basics session advertised with "Bring your Apple Watch—along with your iPhone—and get familiar with your most personal device yet." from 10 a.m. on the 24th of April at some stores. That's got to be a good sign about when they are expecting the watches to ship! :D

2. dmonnin macrumors regular

This is a very good sign!

3. Jsmil009 macrumors regular

Awesome! So each store workshop will have a total of 2 to 3 people. Two of those will probably be employees. Lol

4. simsdaniel macrumors regular

Actually, even employee's are delayed in getting their Watches. At my try in appointment, the Apple Employee who helped me said that at midnight, they were given a break to go pre-order but they were using browsers so when the store went up, they too had delayed ship dates.
    --------

I'm going to be really busy the weekend the Watch releases so I scheduled an appointment for Tuesday. I'll likely know how to do everything by then but should be fun to interact with other Watch Wearers as everyone I know won't have one on the first week.

5. rhyme thread starter macrumors regular

rhyme

It's weird that the Canberra store has 8 Apple Watch sessions scheduled for Friday the 24th, but only two sessions a day the following week. Why would they be anticipating so much demand on the 24th? Even those of us in the first delivery window are unlikely to have them before 10am on the 24th - aren't we?

6. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Apple does tend to underpromise and overachieve.

7. Teach4 macrumors 6502

Teach4

I posted this fact about the classes, meaning to show that Apple knows that people in that first wave will get theirs on the 24th. People didn't get it.

8. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

I like the positive vibe! Excited to get my Watch in a week