Apple Watch battery drains quickly when using wireless earbuds

vandrv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I just purchased a set of wireless earbuds and paired them with my iPhone today. After using them for about thirty minutes, my Apple Watch had 5% battery left. The watch was being used the same as always so normally there would be plenty of battery left at this time of day. Is there some setting I need to change to keep the watch from draining like this? Or is there possibly some other problem? Thanks for any help.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
Yes. I did pair the earphones to my phone. Is it possible they paired to my watch as well?
I don't think that is possible. You would have to pair them to the watch as well. Something very strange is happening, and I'm not sure what. Maybe it was a fluke. See if it happens again?

vandrv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I don't think that is possible. You would have to pair them to the watch as well. Something very strange is happening, and I'm not sure what. Maybe it was a fluke. See if it happens again?
I will try it again tonight and see what happens. I thought it was pretty odd. I can't really see any other reason for the battery to drain like that.

vandrv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Well I paired the earbuds with my iphone and used them for an hour or so and there was no drain on my watch battery. I have no idea what dragged it down yesterday. I guess I will just chalk it up as one of the mysteries of life.

Reactions: SDColorado

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
What model of wireless earbuds? The Apple AirPods share Bluetooth pairing among all your devices, but I think you have to manually click connect to switch to the watch.

vandrv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
What model of wireless earbuds? The Apple AirPods share Bluetooth pairing among all your devices, but I think you have to manually click connect to switch to the watch.
It is just a cheap pair of Tao Tronics earbuds.