Apple Watch battery getting worse

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hello12, Sep 30, 2016.

1. hello12 macrumors regular

I got my watch about 6 months ago and noticed the last 2 days it's getting a lot lower than normal.. usually I've never had to worry about it running out of battery but now I have. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

What's your usage like? Do you have applications running in the background? Also, the heart rate sensor and Hey Siri, if activated, will drain your battery dramatically.

Also, You can conserve the battery by reducing the screen brightness and haptic feedback settings.

3. hello12 thread starter macrumors regular

My usage hasn't changed from my typical use.. that's what I'm confused about.

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Then what's changed then? Can you provide see more details.

5. hello12 thread starter macrumors regular

Nothing, other than I got a warning at 6 pm tonight that I am at 10% battery. Normally end the day at around 10 pm at 20% left :/
    Could it be that the battery gets worse over time?

6. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Have you upgraded to Watch OS 3 yet? Other users have reported poor battery life with Watch OS3?

7. hello12 thread starter macrumors regular

I upgraded to Watch OS 3 on the day it was released and haven't to worry about my battery running out until the last 2-3 days. :/

8. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

im in the exact same boat. upgraded to watch OS3 on release day, still finished the day with 30-40% left (and that's with an hour of exercise).

it died on me the last two days.

i'm currently undergoing a re-pair. in previous versions of the OS, that usually fixes any battery issues. we'll see this time.

9. hello12 thread starter macrumors regular

How do you do that?

10. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

11. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I still have not upgraded to Watch OS3. Maybe that's a good thing from what I have heard from others.

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

And have you done a restart of both devices and then next a repairing?

13. Attirex macrumors 6502

Same here with my SS S0--I used to get a 1.5 days, now after one day (7am start) it limps into bedtime hour (11pm) at about 10% charge with moderate use (texts, 45 minute workout, couple of phone calls per day).

But this seemed to be a problem before OS 3.0. I ordered the watch the day they went on pre-sale last year, so I think the battery is just deteriorating from normal usage. :-(

14. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

While not applicable to the OP (unless they bought used) all that have owned since release are bound to start seeing some degradation in batt life. We have past 500 cycles and that is typically when lit-ion battery capacity starts to drop noticeable (a few percent). It will continue to drop at a leaner rate (usually to about 70% to 80%) until you hit about 1000 cycles. They it will 'fall off a cliff'. :eek:

15. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

OP, I notice days that I have horrible battery life. I restart the watch, charge it back up to 100% and everything is fine. Today is one of those days. Watch has dropped from 100% to 83% in under an hour. I rebooted the watch, charged it back up to 100%, not an hour alter I'm at 99%.