Apple Watch Battery on iOS 9 and 2.0

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TallManNY, Oct 1, 2015.

1. TallManNY macrumors 601

TallManNY

Somehow between switching to a 6s running iOS 9 and upgrading to WatchOS 2.0 my Apple Watch's battery life has improved. I'm not sure why. I haven't even gotten into downloading native apps. But the battery life has improved.

Anyone want to guess how or why? Better bluetooth connection or something like that? Or is it something more internal to the WatchOS 2.0?

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I hate to be the first guy to replay with a non-answer, but here goes... I have no idea. I have not looked at my battery, except by accident, since the first week I owned the watch. Since I charge it every night, and it has never quit on me during the day, I have never followed battery life.

3. TallManNY thread starter macrumors 601

TallManNY

Actually that is a really good answer. I think we all followed battery life kind of compulsively during the first few weeks. I kept following it as a complication on the utility face. But unless you were doing that, I now realize you probably have no idea what your battery life is since it is easily sufficient to make it through the day.

Anyway, I took my watch off the charger this morning around 7:00 a.m. It has been a light use day with no exercise tracking, but I'm still impressed that I'm at 84% 9 hours later. I feel like the watch will now outperform those launch day numbers of 18 hours.

4. pythagorasuk macrumors member

I currently have 14 hours of standby and 2 hours 12 minutes of usage and I have 61% battery remaining. Im happy.

5. chadcj7 macrumors member

That is interesting. I have 2hrs and 54 minutes of usage and 14hrs and 5 minutes of standby and my watch is at 48%. I always make it through the day but I do feel that the battery drains faster then it should