Apple Watch BTServer issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Makale.Helvetia, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Makale.Helvetia macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

hi everyone;

i'm using Apple Watch 42mm sport model with iPhone 5s device. Sometimes BT connection cuts off and not connecting back about 1-2 minutes, then i check my diagnostic logs on the cell, i see a BTServer-2016... crash. There is an issue about mobile phone's BT or Watch's BT. can not find a good solution to it, or it may be an iOS side issue too, happening since first iOS 9 releases. have you ever experienced that problem before?

2. Makale.Helvetia thread starter macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

3. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Never thought to look, and never noticed if or when my AW drops its bluetooth connection.

4. Makale.Helvetia thread starter macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

check your diagnostic and usage logs please.. do you see any or a bunch of BTServer-.. logs ?

5. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I only see two. None of the logs are older than one week (I never looked before; is it typical for the OS to clear out old logs from this view?).

[​IMG]

6. Makale.Helvetia thread starter macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

I've got the same as BTServer-2016 etc. iOS doesn't clear itself, you have to sync your device once with iTunes. It clears out diagnostic logs. Otherwise it stays forever until you do this.

I see awdd logs on your device, so the diagnostic logs are automatically send to Apple to collect information about software development. You can close it in settings. Under diagnostic&usage menu. Select don't send

7. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I'll keep automatically sending logs to Apple. They know more about debugging the OS than I do.

8. Makale.Helvetia thread starter macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

as you wish mate :) and thank you for the reply

9. Vader2 macrumors member

10. Makale.Helvetia thread starter macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

A few people reported me that they also have the same issue. And I see that it's software related and all we have to wait for watchOS3 fixes that :)

11. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

How big of a problem is it, really? I wouldn't have known about it without this thread. It's not like I was using the watch and then it became temporarily useless or anything.

12. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I have had BOTH my iPhone 6 and Apple Watch replaced due to bluetooth connectivity issues. My iPhone 6 was the first to go. BT kept crashing and affecting not only my AW but my BT earpiece and connection to my car as well. Once the phone was replaced, the BT audio problem subsided but I still had times when the watch would refuse to unlock when I unlocked my phone. The advanced replacement of my 42mm Sport AW was triggered when it lost BT in the middle of a "set up as new" exercise. Since having the AW replaced, several months after the phone, I still get failure to unlock but it isn't a daily occurrence. And when it does happen, it often self heals if I ignore it and check a little later.

I'm wondering if there is something fundamentally wrong with the way Apple does Bluetooth or perhaps there is something fundamentally wrong with the way Bluetooth itself is designed and Apple is doing the best it can. As for waiting for WatchOS 3.0, good luck. I've been suffering with this since I got my AW so I've been on every OS since 1.0. The most recent few iOS updates mention Bluetooth fixes and things have gotten better but it's never gotten to be what I consider stable.

And yes the watch is temporarily useless if it can't get the weather when I happen to need the weather, or I have to stop what I'm doing with my hands full so I can enter a code to unlock it in order to check something. So yes intermittent BT connectivity certainly can render an AW useless for a number of my favorite use cases.

13. Makale.Helvetia thread starter macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

now you learned it with that thread :) it's a known issue and they couldn't fix it completely..just temporary or small fixes included on watchOS everytime, now i see it's definitely a fw issue..i'm waiting for watchOS 3 and hopefully it's totally fixed. something buggy on watch's BTServer