Apple Watch Calendar Exchange Issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dman999, May 30, 2015.

1. dman999 macrumors newbie

dman999

So, I have had the watch now for a couple weeks and love it... mostly. Although, I have discovered an issue with Exchange calendar and my AW. From other boards it seems I am not alone... seeing if anyone else has seen this and had any luck addressing.

Some calendar events sent to my work Exchange calendar do not show on my AW. They appear on phone, computer, iPad, etc, but not my watch. Doesn't matter if I accept on phone or computer or watch, it won't show up. However, if I mark calendar appointment to 'Private', it shows up on my watch immediately. (Workaround... not a long term fix)

I have removed every possible calendar I am using... down to only 2 - iCloud and my work Exchange account. I have unpaired and repaired, reset, rebooted, prayed, used pleases and thank yous... nothing fixes it. I have talked to Apple support and submitted an issue, but they have nothing for me yet.

Obviously, if you can't rely on your calendar to be completely accurate and up to date on your watch, it is a BIG issue. I missed one appt last week because of this.

Anyone else seeing something similar?

2. Gdgtguru macrumors member

I have noticed the same thing and the only work around I have seen so far is the private thing you mentioned.

3. dman999 thread starter macrumors newbie

dman999

Got two calendar requests today and both show on every other device EXCEPT my watch. Have to mark them as 'private' to get them to show up. Watch is unusable with this bug.

4. asuandy macrumors member

asuandy

Same issue here. It's a bug. There is a way in the Apple Watch app settings to reset all synced data. That fixes it for a time. I rely on my iPhone now for all calendar things.

5. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

This happens to me. Also, I have one that I deleted on Exchange and it keeps showing up on the watch ecurring event). I can't figure out what makes it show some and not others. Most do show up but occasionally some don't.

6. dman999 thread starter macrumors newbie

dman999

I am shocked that there can be that many issues with calendar given it replicates a lot of what is just on the iPhone. IPhone works just fine, but watch gives really inconsistent results. Hope this gets fixed soon!

7. Bo Laterveer macrumors newbie

Bo Laterveer

It appears to me that any calendar appointments that you enter personally show up on the watch, while if you are an invitee to somebody else's appointment, it does not show up. It appears to be a bug indeed. Somebody recommended the following solution: on your phone: Apple watch app> General> Reset> Reset sync data. That will take a few minutes and then all your appointments show up.

8. dman999 thread starter macrumors newbie

dman999

Thx for that... I will give it a try that reset and see if it corrects calendar issues. Do you know if this just corrects existing events, or also addresses new calendar items sent from others?

Hope Apple fixes this soon... frustrating I can't depend the calendar on my watch.

9. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

10. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

It only fixes what is there at the time in my experience. Future events (if they are the type that would be an issue) are still an issue later. I have made it a step in my morning routine to verify what I see on my phone is also on my watch then I'm set for the day. I don't need this every day but I do it as part of my routine of looking at what I have planned. Early on I missed a meeting or two because I just didn't see it.

11. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

12. dman999 thread starter macrumors newbie

dman999

Yep. I have contacted support a couple times and also submitted this into the feedback "blackhole"... hoping someone will read it and realize this needs to be fixed!

13. Spiffyis5150 macrumors member

14. ImDoubleD macrumors member

Not seeing the problem. I have Exchange plus one icloud calendar that I view and my appointments and meetings requested by others showed up.

My biggest issue is you can only see the current month when looking at that view, or can only go a few days forward and no backwards allowed.

15. NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

Huge issue for me however I have found Fantastical on the Watch shows your Exchange calendar 100% accurately.

Couple of issues:-

1) The Calendar complication obviously goes to Apple's Calendar not Fantastical
    2) There's a known issue where Fantastical notifications aren't coming through (fix in the works apparently)

So I always keep the Fantastical calendar on my Watch face (change the setting "General - Activate on Wrist Raise - Resume Previous Activity") so I can always see my Calendar throughout the day.

Apple do need to fix this.

16. baarkingmadman macrumors newbie

baarkingmadman

Very disappointed in the calendar sync as well. First day it worked fine. Second day I deselected one of my calendars, I don't know, birthdays or something, and after that my work Exchange calendar stopped syncing. I read somewhere some said depair, repair. So I did and that worked. And following 3 weeks worked fine. Until my wife changed one of HER calendars that I subscribe to, and now my work Exchange calendar is not exchanging again. HUGE FUNDAMENTAL ERROR, STILL NOT FIXED, GETTING IMPATIENT WITH APPLE, FORGAVE THEM THE FIRST TIME AS AN EARLY ADOPTER, NOW LOSING PATIENCE. I remove cap lock so it does not look like I am shouting any more. I guess I lost it for a minute. Sorry.