Apple watch can't play music

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by daijholt, May 9, 2015.

1. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

Wondering if anyone else has been getting this?

When opening the Music app on my watch, choosing Artist or Album and trying to play any track, i get a message stating "Unable to Play. Apple Watch couldn't play this music from your phone library".

No reason as to why, my internet connection is perfectly functional, and if I jump into the music app on my iPhone the track plays instantly. Bizarrely, if I try to play the track via Playlists or Songs on my watch it works fine.

Ideas?

Attached Files:

2. gmann21133 macrumors member

gmann21133

3. daijholt thread starter macrumors 6502a

daijholt

Nope. Just the watch.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I just tried and no problems with Artist or Album selection/playback. Works the same as with Plylist.

5. BradDylan macrumors member

Hi,

Doesn't the apple watch require bluetooth headphones? Or are you talking about playing music from your iphone but using the watch as a remote control?

Thanks
    B

6. daijholt, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015

daijholt thread starter macrumors 6502a

daijholt

This is correct. Playing via bluetooth speakers works fine, however using the watch as a remote to control music playing from the phone doesn't work. It has worked, and stopped once I restored my iPhone a few days back. I figure its related to that in some way.

EDIT: Unpairing my watch and repairing fixed the problem. Just seems like a minor bug.

7. themick4u macrumors regular

themick4u

I had the same problem after upgrading to iOS 9.0 and WatchOS 2.0.... Unpairing and re-pairing the Apple Watch and restored Watch backup FIXED this issue!

Thanks for the "EDIT" fix tip as it worked for me!