apple watch capable to....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mikehowardjc, Apr 23, 2017.

1. mikehowardjc macrumors newbie

I am thinking about getting an apple watch. I was wondering if the time face can also display the year, month, and day? Moreover, when you ask siri to set an alarm can you also have the alarm pop up a message as to what the alarm is? So if I set an alarm for about a week and a half from know for a dentist appointment, when the alarm sounds, it also has a message that says the alarm is for a dentists appointment etc. Finally, I like working out and using a stopwatch the goes off in 5 minute intervals; is there anything in the apple watch that can do that?

Thanks and hope you understand what I mean,
    Mike

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Why not just use reminders or calendar on your phone? Then it should appear on the watch too.

3. mikehowardjc thread starter macrumors newbie

Because the ability to use siri on the watch is extremely convenient. I take it that it is not possible though.

4. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

I'm not sure about this but you can set alarm on your iPhone (using SIRI or anyway you'd like) then label it "Dentist Appointment" and it will also ring on your watch that day showing that label.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

The Apple Watch have a few different watch faces that you can change to, and each watch face is customizable, although some offer more customizable options than others. From what I can remember, you can change some watch faces to show you the date and day of the week, although I don't think any watch face tells you the year.

You can set alarms from the watch using Siri, although Alarms are set to go off at a specific time of day. If you want to be reminded about a dentist appointment, you ask Siri to set a reminder for you and that will go off as a reminder rather than as an alarm.

The Apple Watch also has a Timer feature. Depending on which watch face you're using, you can set a complication so that when you tap on it from the main watch face it will take you to the Timer app. The Timer app has several common timer times on the main screen that you can quickly tap and set a Timer. There's also an option to set your own custom timer. And you can also ask siri to set a timer for however long you want.

There is also a stopwatch app as well.