apple watch case or bumper

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Davesdeviceis8770, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Davesdeviceis8770 macrumors newbie

Hello all, anyone know of a bumper or case that does not make the apple watch look cheap or totally stupid. Ive tried them thathave awesome reviews and just dont get where the people are coming from. I dont mind spending money, any ideas would be appreciated.. Thanks

2. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

I don't think mine looks cheap. I think it looks better than without it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Davesdeviceis8770 thread starter macrumors newbie

that does look nice, you have to admit that alot do not look good... which case is that? thx

4. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

5. Ffosse macrumors 6502a

I think it looks fugly to be blunt. I've never seen the point in either a bumper or case for the AW. It increases the footprint, isn't needed, and all for a piece of tech which will be obsolete in a few years.

6. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

In conjunction to your post, it just takes away from the overall look of the Apple Watch. I know for me, I own the stainless model and I can't imagine putting some plastic bumper around the Apple Watch that would conceal the beauty of the 316L Stainless. That's one of the reasons I purchased the stainless was to have a smart Watch actually resemble a Watch with the metal casing. To each their own on bumper.

7. Davesdeviceis8770 thread starter macrumors newbie

i understand what you mean totally

8. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I am not a fan of that bumper either and to me, it does look cheap. It takes the stainless or aluminum design and dresses it down with high impact plastic.

I realize these things are subjective and consider my statement simply my own opinion and I can appreciate how others might like the look

9. djg22, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017

djg22 macrumors newbie

I have a Catalyst case I use when I will need the added protection. I also have a nice leather band I use with x-doria edge bumpers for work and casual wear. The x-doria edges are relatively inexpensive and look decent, so I have a couple of different colors.[​IMG]

10. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

Bumpers are meant for protection, less the beauty, I hv cracked several watches in the past after hitting hard objects such as concrete etc. they weren't aw. If you work around rough places, such being a mechanic, handyman etc, the chance that you bang your watch is increased. Yes it looks better without the bumper, but it protects your aw as well.

11. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I would agree with this. If you were in an environment where you have a lot of physical contact, then I certainly would purchase one of these and I would want to protect my investment. Or even if you're just accident prone, then I also would suggest One. I would rather much have a watch that's functional and not damaged because of preventable accidents.

12. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I would agree as well. I don’t like the look of them any more than I like those really heavy Otterbox or Lifeproof cases, but if I worked in an environment that warranted using either, I would surely do so, at least while at work.

13. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Yup that is why I put AW case when I got an original AW last year then I was very lucky when my AW got scratched 30 minutes later but case took care of it.

14. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

Can you post a photo? Tq

15. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

IMG_0241.JPG

16. Eddie3345 macrumors member

Eddie3345

I have the tough armor case and it protects my watch like it should. At times i'm in a big warehouse with a lot of moving parts when i do have the case i can do my job no problem. If i didn't put it on that day i do get a little nervous about busting my screen. But again some people will say its ugly / bulky takes away from the watch. Which is all subjective. But guess what?! its PROTECTING the watch like it was designed to do.

Lastly i don't think it makes my watch look cheap or stupid. But best part of all i don't give a F**k about what they think. Its MY watch!

17. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

Yes eddie better safe than sorry, after all you work in a WH, lots of dangerous elements in there. You can take the armor off when you go on a date.