Apple Watch Charger

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DJTaurus, Sep 7, 2015.

1. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

Is the charger unreliable?.... i cliped it on last night and it didnt charged my apple watch. I am pretty sure it was perfectly fine cliped on the back.... i put it out and on today and it currently charges it fine.

2. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

I have 3 watches and 4 cables. One of the cable is not as reliable as the others. It's totally OK with the stock charger, however, if I use other USB power source, it may not work properly (the other 3 cables do not have this issue).

Also, please make sure you remove the plastic cover from your cable, it's quite hard to see, and I know at least 3 guys have no idea they charge the watch with protector still on. Which of course may affect the reliability as well.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, the charger isn't supposed to be unreliable. There have been a couple of times when mine didn't charge, but I'm chalking it up to user error (because only twice in 4 months is way too low to be indicative of a defect).

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I have two charger pucks. One will not charge using the small block charger that came with the phone but works perfectly when plugged into my iPad charger. The other puck work fine with the provided charger block.