Apple Watch charger

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tl01, Oct 2, 2016.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

What is different about the charger for my series 2 Apple Watch that neither of my series 0 Apple Watches will charge from it? One says I have to update the software and the other Watch says the charger isn't supported. It charges my new watch just fine.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Likely the new puck has an updated proprietary chip in it that is only compatible with wOS 3>. So you need to update your S0s to wOS 3 to use it.

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

So weird. Now one of the watches is saying it can't use the one it came with?! Trying to update the two old watches to os 3 and this is not going very smoothly!;)

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Restart it and then it should work and update smoothly.

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I did that right away and it didn't make a difference. I am hoping it is charging even though it says it isn't. It is stuck on the pairing screen while it updates as I was also pairing it to a different phone.

6. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

That is interesting. I'm also wondering it if has to do with the Apple Watch 2 having a larger battery to draw more power, in which case the Gen 1 Watch's charger is different in the sense of power being distributed.

7. aloecool macrumors regular

Mine did the same thing during the update, but now that it's updated to os3, haven't seen the msg since

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I never even removed my series two charger from the box as my series one charger charged my series two watch just fine.

9. Julien, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

That is just the opposite of the OP's problem and if my theory is correct (or something similar) that should work just fine.

10. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes...that is the opposite of my situation. I upgraded a the watches and am hoping they will all charge with the various chargers!:)

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Bet (not the rent money though) they will work.;)