Apple watch decision

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SR 7, Sep 14, 2017.

1. SR 7 macrumors 6502

I am new to the watch so those with experience, when they go on sale generally what type of sale are we looking at?

If the S3 is similar to the S2 (yes, the S3 is 70% faster or whatever) would it be better to get the S2 if it goes on sale for like $220 compared to $329 of the S3?

2. cawgijoe macrumors newbie

I have the S2 and love it. But because it's a computer, I would just buy the S3 for the faster chip.
    Not sure about any sale yet.

3. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

My wife has S2 and it works great. If having the latest is not a must, S2 will be a good idea. Apple doesn't sell them any longer, however. You would have to diligently look for your opportunities at getting a S2 on sale price.

4. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

I picked up a S2 a few days ago thinking I would be fine with it. Siri on the watch is surprisingly inconvenient when I'm used to it speaking to me. Also, I've also never had an AW before and am very surprised at how slow it is some times. When I open an app sometimes it takes up to 5 seconds to open and sometimes it's much quicker. I'm going to order an S3 tonight and compare them next week. I'll return the S3 if it has close to the same performance. If it is much faster I'll keep the S3.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think you will find out that the Series 3 will be faster than the smaeries 2 and you will appreciate Siri having a voice for Feedback, as you mentioned you were used to it having audible feedback. Something else to consider, it's not always about the speed of the watch, sometimes the applications themselves that are slow to open or perform.