Apple Watch Default App

Avery Eisenreich

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
New Jersey
Does anyone know when Apple will allow us to delete the default app for Apple Watch? It was recently reported on the news (TheVerge.com) that Apple is working on the update. iOS has gradually accumulated a large number of default apps and I am finding that those apps are taking way too much space now.

Avery Eisenreich

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Does anyone know when Apple will allow us to delete the default app for Apple Watch? It was recently reported on the news (TheVerge.com) that Apple is working on the update. iOS has gradually accumulated a large number of default apps and I am finding that those apps are taking way too much space now.

Avery Eisenreich
This should be in the iOS forum not Apple watch forum as the Apple watch app is part of iOS.

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
>>Does anyone know when Apple will allow us to delete the default app for Apple Watch?

It seems like not in the foreseeable future given that Apple just made a bunch of apps default and non-removable on the iPhone, e.g. Podcast, Find my freaking friends.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Do you mean deleting the Watch's default apps, like Stocks, from the watch itself?

Edit - okay, maybe not. I dodge the unused iOS default apps by dumping them into a folder, and I manage storage well enough to always have several gigs free.

Last edited: