Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdbrandt

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2013
Northern California
One-handed operation

Would be nice to have a feature that clicked the shutter if you shook your hand in a particular way, e.g., rotate your wrist three times (and give an audible beep to indicate the camera had been triggered). That way your wrist can be behind you in a group picture if you're in the front row, if you're carrying a child or otherwise can't use both hands.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
Very neat. Let me try this on my Apple Watch...oh wait, it's still processing since 4/10. :(

The road you travel is a hard one, filled with many challenges. Be diligent, friend. One day you will overcome.

JaJaWa

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2013
Hong Kong | London
Would be nice to have a feature that clicked the shutter if you shook your hand in a particular way, e.g., rotate your wrist three times (and give an audible beep to indicate the camera had been triggered). That way your wrist can be behind you in a group picture if you're in the front row, if you're carrying a child or otherwise can't use both hands.

If you turn off wrist detection then you can clasp your watch in the palm of your hand and press the button.

The Tuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2003
I hope they reconsider and reimplement this "feature" in iOS 8.4 and later. This is AWESOME for Snapchat and other non-Apple camera apps.

Tuck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.