Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewtonPippin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
Very disappointed in my new gold Series 7 Apple Watch. I went for a brisk walk for my workout. Five minutes in or so, my watch loudly alerts me to say "Finished your workout?"

I was immediately taken aback. I was, as a matter of fact, right at the peak intensity of my walk. To make matters worse, about 10 minutes later i got the EXACT same notification, as I was breaking a sweat in fact.

No, I'm not in the greatest shape, but i'm trying to do something about it. Why is Apple Watch sending notifications design to shame me about the fact that I don't walk like Neil Armstrong?

mciarlo

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2008
New York City
This could be a matter of the watch needing to calibrate to your stride. It seems particularly sensitive to the apparent motion of your arm swinging back and forth.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Starting a workout is half the battle. Keep up the good work and try not to get discouraged. You got this 💪

Reactions: Shirasaki

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
^^This.

And, I've turned off "End Workout Reminder" as it is a pain. For me, it's when I'm hiking and stopping to rest. I've also disabled "Voice Feedback": don't want/need that.

Reactions: mavis

PatrickNSF

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Turn off the "End Workout Reminder" in the Workout app on the watch.

[Oops. You beat me to it.]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.