Apple watch display error

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by justflying, May 17, 2019.

1. justflying macrumors newbie

I am a foreigner and do not speak English well. Thank you for your patience :)

I bought a display from Ali Express to repair a broken Apple watch. As soon as the product arrived, I carried out the repair. However, the screen is abnormal. (The previous screen is discarded)
    Apparently it worked well until yesterday. The current vibration, sound, charge, and screen brightness all work normally.
    I am most frustrated because the screen is not bad.
    Because sometimes when you turn on the power button, the Apple logo is displayed.
    It will be displayed for 1 minute ~ 2 minutes, and then the display will return to the original screen.
    How do I resolve this symptom?

Attached Files:

2. Solver, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019

Solver macrumors 6502a

Could a connector be loose?
    Did the loading Apple logo glow and get dim as it normally does?
    Did you try tapping or flicking on the side of the watch and see if the display changed at all?
    By “the original screen” do you mean photo #1?
    Does the screen shown in photo #1 change when you tap or press buttons?
    What type of Apple Watch is this?

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

That looks like the symptoms of a bad connection to me. I don't have expereince with Apple watch repair but, conceptually, I would think it to be like any other screen.

Unfortunately this can be as simply as a bad connection that you made, or a bad connection/damage to the cables within the lcd, which would be very much less user servicable.

Have you tried simply taking it apart and putting it back together, making sure the connections are properly seated?

4. justflying thread starter macrumors newbie

I have reassembled the liquid crystal several times. And returning to the original state means # 1, returning to a strange screen.