Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
The table in the article is wrong. The article shows the results from the Sony and Samsung comparison.

The Apple comparison should be:

Aye. The give away is the mention of a "reflective mode", which the Apple Watch's OLED display obvious does not have.

Last edited:

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC
That sounds neat, but $350 worth of neat?

I'm not sold yet. I am getting closer everyday. But right now I can only justify ~$200. I'm expecting next year Apple will release something even cheaper and with even more features - I might be able to justify buying that.

When you get another smartwatch for $200 and compare, $350 of things working the way you'd hope they would seems worth it. Also, mine cost $649.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
When you get another smartwatch for $200 and compare, $350 of things working the way you'd hope they would seems worth it. Also, mine cost $649.

I agree that the Apple Watch is probably worth about $150 more than any other smart watch. Those other smart watches (can we really even call them that?) aren't worth their asking price. Not even close. If they were, I would own one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.