Apple Watch Dockingstation

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by marchirti, Jul 25, 2015.

1. marchirti macrumors newbie

what do you think about the Klee Dock?

WWW.Klee-dock.com

Im about to buy one, because I dont like the other Docks that much and I would like to have an other opinion.
    Thanks, Marc

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

It looks cool and I kinda wanted a dock back in April but now I don't really see the need. With alarm clock mode coming in watchOS 2 I kinda have no desire for any kind of dock at all now.

3. marchirti thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah the night stand mode in wOS 2 is nice :D thats one reason more for me to buy it, cause you can charge it also sideways :)

4. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

Kleinunternehmer Mehrwertsteuerbefreit. Süß :)

The angle the watch sits on the charger needs to be adjusted for it being useful as a nightstand watch holder. As most people lay in bed the watch needs to sit almost perpendicular on the charger and closer to the surface of the nightstand. I'd say 45 degree is possible before the watch sits too loose on the charger.
    It looks clean and nice but it is a little bit expensive considering that there is no tax in that price (which is unusual for Germany). But, I would not buy it. Even if the angle will be adjusted the magnetic holder is too weak to hold the watch while pressing buttons. Or other interaction with the watch while on the charger.

If the person behind this project is listening. Please make a charger that resembles the Apple charging case without the case itself. (Do some sort of hemisphere. And keep it simple. It would make a nice watch holder for the Apple Watch when watchOS 2 is released and supports the watch while interacting. I like my free sample in Birdseye maple please.)